Episode 30 of Heart Food Podcast is live & it’s a heart-centered must listen.
Kim Schaper, a woman’s coach & trainer focusing on body confidence, weight management, fitness, & disordered eating, joins me on the show today for one of the most honest & open conversations we’ve had thus far. Kim has an incredible story that’s a beautiful example of turning your struggles into service. We go deep in this episode and cover all aspects (spiritual, mental, emotional, physical) of getting & staying healthy & fit.
– Kim’s story
– Using spirituality to heal
– Turning your struggle into service & purpose
– Practicing gratitude
– Taking full responsibility for your healing
– Physiological & psychological reasons for food obsession
– Distress tolerance & opposite action
– Building confidence & resilience by withstanding difficult emotions
– Developing healthy coping skills & strategies
– The illusion of “arrival” & sitting with discomfort
– Changing brain chemistry for habits
– Gut health & cravings
– Pursuing fat loss while staying nourished & happy
– Seeing health as holistic
– Kim’s approach to fitness
– Nutrition for fat loss
Find Kim’s work, programs:
Kim’s Membership group (Shapeher Coaching Program):
Find Kim on social & IG @kimschaperfitness
Sign up for Ashley’s online cooking school, Intuitive Cooking School:
Sign up for Ashley’s newsletter:
Follow Ashley on social @ashleykpardo
We cannot make sustainable change with food, our bodies, or our surrounding habits until we honestly explore and get curious about our relationship with each of them. Mindset change is not easy, but so, so worth it.
Being healthy starts with learning to cook simple foods in easy, delicious ways with approachable and practical recipes and techniques.
Our health begins with properly nourishing our bodies with nutrient-dense foods. I believe in bio-individuality: each person requires different types and amounts of food to feel their best. Learn how to eat intuitively for the rest of your life!